Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Fantastic weekend!

Wow, what an awesome weekend we had! It was so relaxing and uplifting! Friday night after work, my mom and I went to the temple... so awesome! It was fun to go with her. My dad took Chris and Lili to the cabin for the weekend to shut it down for the winter so my mom was home alone since she was working. Preston had a lot of studying to do Friday night so I invited my mom to go to the temple with me! When I got home from the temple, Preston and I watched a movie when he was finished studying. Saturday we got up and made a big breakfast and watched conference! Wow, conference was amazing. I was able to watch all 4 sessions and loved every one of the speakers... Elder Wirthlin was one of my favorites. He's so sweet and had a great message on laughing more and not taking things so seriously which was good to hear and he had some hilarious stories! Preston went to football practice after the 1st session so, while it was raining outside I cuddled up and watched the 2nd session! I absolutely loved the primary choir... such sweet kids! They sounded so great! I love that Preston and I teach primary. The kids are so adorable and so smart and we learn so much from those kids! We have our primary program coming up and I hope the back two rows in our primary were watching those kids in conference and how it really is possible to sing! haha. We have such sweet kids in our primary! Then Saturday night while Preston stayed up north to go to Priesthood session with his dad, I met up with my sister Heidi and my mom and little baby Cade and we went to Ladies night at Deseret Book! We were one of the first 100 ladies in line and got the cutest door prize! They had awesome deals going on there and it was so fun to go with my sister and mom. After ladies night, we got Cafe Rio!! Yummy! Then we hung out at mom's house for a while! Then Sunday, Preston and I went nowhere... which on Sundays we always go to one of our parents which is always so fun but it was also very nice to hang out at home all day and relax. We made the traditional cinnamon rolls my family always does the Sunday of conference. We watched conference, took naps, I took a bubble bath, read some of my book, did a whole lot of nothing! It was fantastic and so relaxing! And we of course watched football. Conference was again awesome... I can't say that enough! I had such a great time hanging out with Preston all weekend! He's the BEST. I just had to share our awesome weekend! This week is a busy one with 2 birthdays and 2 baby blessings. So my next post will probably have pictures!

1 comment:

Alli said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Our weekend was relaxing too, just spent it at home, watched conference (I had to miss the first session on saturday though because I had to work) and just spent time as a family. I need to go to the temple soon. Thanks for reminding me. I just never have time anymore.